Bread and Butter Pudding
Earlier on this year I collaborated with Scotchmans Hill Winery for a Christmas in July. Enjoy this gorgeous Bread and Butter Pudding which can be made with a Panettone, which we all know we will have by the end of this Christmas season. Thanks to Andrea, head chef at Scotchmans Hill who was kind enough to share the recipe with my community. If you don’t feel like cooking, head down to Scotchmans Hill and be sure to check out their menu!
BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, more for greasing pan
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- Loaf of sweet bread like Panettone or brioche, cut into 2-inch cubes (about 5 to 6 cups)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup sultanas soaked in ½ cup Scotchmans Hill Riesling
- Heat oven to 180 degrees. In a small saucepan over low heat, warm milk, butter, vanilla, sugar and salt. Continue cooking just until butter melts, add marmalade; cool . Meanwhile, butter a 8 to 10 cup baking dish and fill it with cubed bread.
- Add eggs and soaked sultanas to cooled milk mixture and whisk; pour mixture over bread. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until custard is set but still a little wobbly and edges of bread have browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.